Thursday, April 23, 2009

BLOGGING AND AUTO-EROTICISM: PASSING TIME IN THE BRAVE NEW WORLD

DISAGREEABLEOLDBASTARD.BLOGSPOT.COM I went to Barnes and Noble today to have a latte and peruse a few computer manuals. I have been having problems with disappearing blogs. I have presented my words of wit and wisdom for the world's entertainment and benefit only to have them disappear off of the face of the blogosphere. No search engine remembers them. No inquiry gives an explanation for this disappearance and nowhere is a solution offered except in advertisements for programs that I would have to purchase. I entered into this hobby as these blogging sites were advertised as being free of charge. "Fine and dandy", I thought. "This could offer a pleasant alternative to watching the History Channel and/or engaging in auto-eroticism." It is good to branch out and have a variety of interests and activities. But, being a retired senior citizen, I am not about to start paying through the nose for cures for missing blogs. The books I read indicate that the phenomena of missing blogs is a widespread problem. I have surmised that this defect is most probably built into the system so as to induce sales of remedial programs. The Masters of the Blogosphere give you a shitty system free of cost and then offer you help for a fee. That's good business on their part but I'm not buying! I was getting frustrated and testy when I thought I was suffering alone. Now that I know that it is a widespread problem and just another example of playing against a rigged system, I can look at things more objectively and calmly. After all, bloggery is nothing but masturbatory massaging of the ego. We all think to ourselves, "Oh look at my blog! It is so wonderful". We are like doting parents who cannot admit to ourselves that our children are imperfect and mediocre. In reality, the ranks of blogmeisters are filled with intellectual dwarfs and castrati who shy away from controversial topics and expression. "What", you might ask, "is controversial?" The answer: Whatever the individual blogmeisters feel is controversial IS controversial. All of a sudden, one can find one's self persona non-grata as a commenter on any given site and on multitudes of sites. I thought to myself that, if I cannot be free to express the truth on someone else's blog, I will grace the world with my truth on my own blog. Well, if my blogs keep disappearing, I'll just say "The hell with this silly shit!" and go back to "the old standby". I won't have to go to Barnes and Noble to read a copy of "Auto-eroticism For Dummies". I'm already an experienced hand. Sometimes it's best to stick with what you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment